Introducing the ilam county
Area : 2165 km2
Population : 213579 (Census in 2011 year)
Country divisions : 2 City, 3 Districts, 6 Rural District , 128 Village
The introduction of county
This County in Sassanid and early lslamic era was part of Māspatān (Māsbazān) province. Ilam city is the capital of the county and has population of 200,000 people. During the rule of Hoseyn-Qoli Khān (1857-1900) the city called Hoseyn-ābād. After that in 1935 in the reign of Reza shah, the name of the city was changed into ilam, Persian spelling for ELAM, the ancient civilization that last from 3rd millennium BC till 645 BC and today ilam province was some part of its territory. Ilam county divided into 3 district: Markazi (Central), Chavār and Seyvān.
Encircled in individual mountains and on the vicinity of oak woods, city of ilam enjoys from temperate mountainous climate.
The Vāli Citadel07
The Vāli CitadelVāli Citadel situated in Pāsdārān St. in the Center of the city, on the ancient hill named Choghā Mireg. The monument Was built during the reign of Mohammad-Ali shah Qajar and the rule of Gholām-Rezā Khān, the last Wāli (chieftain) of the Vāli family, a local ruling family that rules on ||am and Lurestan from 17th to 19th centuries and only on llam in 19th and early 20th centuries. The monument inscription tell us that it completed in 1908. The Citadel Cowers an area of 2,500 square meters ground and is 1500 square meters at the base. Having a central Courtyard, the rooms and halls of the building are situated in northern, eastern and Western side of the Courtyard and Whole the monument built by Stone, brick and plaster. Vāli Citadel has many big and Small rooms and halls which some of them are decorated by mirror Works and stuccos (making patterns on plaster). Also having two undergroundin each side of the building, there are 6 undergrounds in the Wāli Citadel. Colorful glazed bricks in geometrical patterns on front of entrances are other kind of Vāli Citadel decoration Which make the monument more beautiful. Vāli Citadelis registered in National Cultural Heritage List of Iran
The Falāhati Palace02
The Falāhati PalaceFalāhati Palace monument is situated in Ayatollah Heydari St., inside the beautiful garden With old and thick trees named the "Keshāvarzi Garden" (agriculture Garden) in which Ilam province Agriculture Organization situates. Formerly this monument has administrative application but now change into llam's Agriculture History Museum.Falåhati Palace was built by brick and plaster and has beautiful stucco With animal and flowers patterns and brick decorations. The monument has built in Pahlavi Dynasty era (1925-1979) and surrounded by old mulberry and sycamore trees of the garden
The Quch-Ali Inscription04
The Quch-Ali InscriptionThis inscription is Written on the large piece of rock that situated nearby Arghavān Square, north eastern entrance of the city. The calligraphic text of inscription describes the most important actions of Hoseyn-Qoli khān and has antiquity of more than 100 years.
Mishkhâs Rural District03
Mishkhâs Rural DistrictMishkhâs rural district situated in the Haft-AW (=Seven springs) Valley. The plentiful valley of Mishkhâs commenced with Ja'far-Ābād village 23 kilometers from llam and in a road With Villages having river, springs, temperate climate, Walnut, peach and apricot trees and active and kind rural people, arrived in Tulāb heights Were garden and forest embraced each other. All of these beauties attracts many of tourists yearly. 2 kilometers from beautiful valley of Mishkhâs, beside of llam-Darreshahr road, there is relatively thick and beautiful oak forest named Mela-Panj-AW that completes the beauties of the region. Having this plentiful Condition, Mishkhâs Valley has agricultural, touristic and economical impotence and its delicious fruits export to other provinces of Iran
Arghavān CanyonThe beautiful Countryside Canyon of Arghawān, located On 3 kilometers from north east of Ilam, after the Arghavān Square, alongside of Seasonal river with Wonderful Virgin and o Colorful nature.The main reason for fame and beautyof this shallow Canyon is the Arghavān tree (Cercis siliquastum), a very beautiful Wild tree With Small purple flowers that can be found in whole of the valley of Arghavān Canyon. These small purple blossoms in harmony With Oaks, the seasonal river laid in Valley's embrace and the birds singing, makes this canyon a piece of paradise in llam springs.
Qalāqirān Mount5 kilometers from West of Ilam, there is a mount with special and different shape depending on direction of Vision, Called Qalāqirān, Qalāqirān Mount encircled by Woods, and famous Shash-dār Oak forest. Qalāqirān is symbol of ilam.